Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Construction, Part 9


Here are the most recent photos, taken today (3/18). The lighting is a little dark but hopefully you can get an idea of the colors we've chosen. The entry-way to the addition and outside is a tan color ("Sandcastle"), which will match the walls in the kitchen/pantry area. In the bathroom, we selected a soft green to go with the accent tile that will line the shower and bathtub. I had a hard time getting a good well-lit pic in the bathroom since the window is still covered but you can take my word about the color. We're probably most excited about the bathroom and how that will look when it's finished. Stay tuned!


The bedroom is a shade of blue that we think will look nice with the hardwood floors and new bedroom set we have (collecting dust in the garage right now). I got "creative control" (w/ approval by Maura, of course :) so blue was my first choice and Maura actually liked my #1 pick so everybody was happy.

The final pic shows what the patio looks like at this moment in time. Last week, our "crew" tore up the old concrete around the house and will start building the footings to pour concrete for the new patio. The patio will be a natural stone and will be a dramatic improvement to the quality and beauty of outdoor living. We'll also be installing a gas fire-pit . . . hmmm . . . guess where we'll be most summer nights?



2 comments:

Ray and Bev. said...

Wow! Everything looks fantastic! The colors you picked look wonderful, and the enlargement for the kitchen area is sure going to be great. Are we ever going to enjoy your new patio when we come to visit soon! Great job, Dean and Maura, on your design and planning. You have a lovely home becoming even lovelier!! Love, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Dean & Maura,
I guess I missed Part 8 the last time I checked your blog, so I was really excited to see that and Part 9 today. Things are really coming along, and I love the colors you chose! I think blue is the best color for a bedroom, so tranquil. I didn't realize you were including a new patio in your remodel, that will be fabulous. Like you said, the best place to watch the sun set on another day! Love to you both!